This article contains affiliate links, if you purchase using these links we may get commission.
The Sony a6400 is a popular mirrorless camera that is known for its excellent autofocus system, compact size, and impressive image quality.
However, to capture smooth and stable footage while on the move, you need a gimbal. A gimbal is a device that keeps your camera steady and level while you’re walking, running, or even jumping.
In this article, we’ll be discussing the best gimbal for Sony a6400. When looking for a gimbal, there are a few critical things to consider, such as weight capacity, battery life, and compatibility.
You want to make sure that the gimbal you choose can support the weight of your camera and any additional accessories you plan to use.
Additionally, you want to ensure that the gimbal is compatible with your camera and that it has a long enough battery life to last through extended shooting sessions.
After researching and testing several gimbals, we have identified the top options that are perfect for the Sony a6400.
Whether you’re a professional videographer or a casual filmmaker, we have a gimbal that will suit your needs. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the best gimbals for Sony a6400.
Best Gimbals for Sony a6400
We understand the importance of capturing high-quality stabilized footage, especially when it comes to vlogging or professional videography.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best gimbals for Sony a6400 to help you achieve smooth and steady shots. Our team has researched and tested various gimbals to provide you with the most reliable and efficient options available on the market.
Whether you’re a professional videographer or a beginner, our list has something for everyone. So, let’s dive into the top gimbals for Sony a6400 and take your videography to the next level.
If you want a lightweight but powerful gimbal for your Sony a6400, then the FeiyuTech Official AK4500 Essential Gimbal DSLR Camera Stabilizer is worth considering.
- The fixed mounting plate supports the Manfrotto or Arca-Swiss style quick release plate for more flexible compatibility with other tripods.
- The upgrade brushless motors are more powerful to support more cameras and lenses, with a max load up to 10.1lb for most all the popular DSLR and mirrorless cameras in the market.
- Threaded mounting holes on the handle and other parts of the gimbal allow for the attachment of accessories, such as an extension pole.
- The carbon fiber extension pole, brushless follow focus kit, and HyperLink remote controller are not included in the parcel and must be purchased separately.
- Some users have reported that the gimbal can be difficult to balance correctly.
- The price point may be higher than some other gimbals on the market.
In our experience, the FeiyuTech Official AK4500 Essential Gimbal DSLR Camera Stabilizer is a solid choice for those looking for a versatile and powerful gimbal for their Sony a6400.
The fixed mounting plate allows for more flexibility in compatibility with other tripods, and the upgrade brushless motors can support a wide range of cameras and lenses.
The threaded mounting holes on the handle and other parts of the gimbal also allow for the attachment of accessories, such as an extension pole.
However, it is important to note that the carbon fiber extension pole, brushless follow focus kit, and HyperLink remote controller are not included in the parcel and must be purchased separately.
Additionally, some users have reported that the gimbal can be difficult to balance correctly, which may require some practice and patience.
Finally, the price point may be higher than some other gimbals on the market, which may be a consideration for those on a budget.
Overall, if you are looking for a high-quality gimbal for your Sony a6400, the FeiyuTech Official AK4500 Essential Gimbal DSLR Camera Stabilizer is definitely worth considering.
Its lightweight yet powerful design and compatibility with a wide range of cameras and lenses make it a versatile and reliable choice for any photographer or videographer.
If you’re looking for a reliable gimbal for your Sony a6400, the DJI Ronin-SC Pro Combo is a great option.
- The Ronin-SC stabilizer for mirrorless cameras supports a wide range of cameras and lenses and can handle a payload of 4.4 lbs / 2.0 kg while still achieving a smooth, cinematic shot.
- Offers a suite of advanced capturing features to unleash your imagination like Panorama, Timelapse, Motionlapse, Motion Control, ActiveTrack 3.0.
- Axis locks on each arm allow for faster storage and individual axis balancing. The Quick-Release Plate includes a positioning block to memorize the perfect camera position for instant remounting.
- The gimbal is a bit heavy, which can make it difficult to carry around for long periods of time.
- The charging process is a bit complicated and requires disassembling the gimbal.
- Some users have reported issues with the joystick and other parts of the gimbal malfunctioning after a short period of use.
We recently got our hands on the DJI Ronin-SC Pro Combo and were impressed with its capabilities. The gimbal is well-built and can handle a variety of mirrorless cameras, including the Sony a6400.
We were able to achieve smooth, cinematic shots with ease, thanks to the advanced capturing features, such as Panorama, Timelapse, Motionlapse, Motion Control, and ActiveTrack 3.0.
The DJI Ronin-SC Pro Combo also features axis locks on each arm, which allows for faster storage and individual axis balancing.
The Quick-Release Plate includes a positioning block to memorize the perfect camera position for instant remounting. However, the gimbal is a bit heavy, which can make it difficult to carry around for long periods of time.
One downside we noticed is that the charging process is a bit complicated and requires disassembling the gimbal.
Additionally, some users have reported issues with the joystick and other parts of the gimbal malfunctioning after a short period of use.
Overall, if you’re looking for a reliable gimbal for your Sony a6400, the DJI Ronin-SC Pro Combo is a solid choice. It offers a range of advanced features and can handle a variety of mirrorless cameras.
We highly recommend the DJI Ronin-SC for anyone looking for a high-quality gimbal for their Sony a6400 camera.
- Lightweight and compact design makes it easy to carry and use on the go
- Tracks the action smoothly and precisely, allowing you to focus on capturing the perfect shot
- Dynamic stability ensures a perfectly stable shot, even in fast-paced scenes
- The price point may be too high for some budgets
- Some users may find the setup process to be complicated
- The gimbal may not be compatible with all camera models
The DJI Ronin-SC is a top-of-the-line gimbal that offers a suite of advanced capturing features to unleash your imagination. With its lightweight and compact design, it’s easy to carry and use on the go, making it an ideal choice for filmmakers and content creators in almost any situation.
The Ronin app and Ronin-SC work together seamlessly to achieve smooth, precise gimbal movement at all times, allowing you to focus more on creating the shot that matches your vision.
Even in action-packed scenes, Ronin-SC gives a perfectly stable shot. Continuous stabilization makes Ronin-SC more effective in fast follows, sudden motions, and even complete changes in direction.
The buttons and trigger are easy to reach for every essential control. A flared battery grip makes extended holding easier and slip-resistant, letting you capture moments throughout the day.
The Ronin-SC is compatible with most cameras, including Sony a6400, making it a versatile option for any filmmaker or content creator.
In conclusion, the DJI Ronin-SC is a top-of-the-line gimbal that offers advanced features and unparalleled stability.
While it may be more expensive than some other options on the market, it’s worth the investment for anyone looking to take their filmmaking or content creation to the next level.
SMALLRIG ZV-E10 Cage with Silicone Handle and Built-in Threaded Holes, Cold Shoe and Quick Release Plate for Sony ZV-E10-3538
If you’re looking for a protective cage for your Sony ZV-E10 camera, the SMALLRIG ZV-E10 Cage with Silicone Handle is a great option to consider.
- Enlarged Hot Shoe Space: The cage has an enlarged space around the camera hot shoe, allowing you to use the cage together with other accessories that require the use of the hot shoe on the top of the camera.
- Enlarged Battery Compartment Space: The space for the battery compartment at the bottom of the cage is enlarged, making it easier for you to change memory cards.
- Multiple Mounting Options: The cage has built-in multiple threaded holes and positioning holes, which can be used with various accessories for low-angle shooting.
- Cutout for Picture Button: The cutout for the picture button may be uncomfortable for some users.
- May Not Fit Wireless Mic Receiver: The cage may interfere with the use of a wireless mic receiver in the hot shoe.
- Fiddly Memory Card Removal: If you have larger hands, you may struggle to grip the memory card to get it out.
The SMALLRIG ZV-E10 Cage with Silicone Handle is a sturdy and well-designed cage that offers protection and a range of connection options.
The built-in silicone handle is comfortable to grip, and the cage does not interfere with the use of buttons, card slots, battery compartments, and flip screens.
The cage has built-in multiple threaded holes and positioning holes, which can be used with various accessories for low-angle shooting.
The quick release plate for Arca-Swiss at the bottom attaches directly to the tripod for quick switching between handheld, tripod, and stabilizer shooting.
However, the cutout for the picture button may be uncomfortable for some users, and the cage may interfere with the use of a wireless mic receiver in the hot shoe.
Additionally, if you have larger hands, you may struggle to grip the memory card to get it out.
Overall, the SMALLRIG ZV-E10 Cage with Silicone Handle is a great investment for Sony ZV-E10 owners looking to enhance the functionality and protection of their camera.
If you’re looking for a powerful and lightweight camera stabilizer, DJI RS 3 Mini is an excellent choice. It supports a wide range of mirrorless cameras and lenses, and it’s easy to carry around for travel photography.
- Lightweight and portable – DJI RS 3 Mini is an ultra-compact camera stabilizer convenient for travel. Weighing only 795g (1.75 lbs), RS Mini 3 is easy to hold for extended shooting.
- Wide-ranging compatibility – With strong, high-torque motors, the RS 3 Mini camera stabilizer possesses a load capacity of up to 2 kg (4.4 lbs), enabling a wide range of camera and lens combinations.
- Bluetooth shutter control – Your camera automatically reconnects after the initial pairing. Easily control photo capture and video recording via the gimbal.
- Limited payload capacity – DJI RS 3 Mini supports a payload range from 0.4-2 kg (0.8-4.4 lbs), which may not be sufficient for heavier camera setups.
- Expensive – DJI RS 3 Mini is a premium product and may not be affordable for everyone.
- Learning curve – Using a gimbal requires some practice and patience to achieve smooth and stable footage.
We recently got our hands on the DJI RS 3 Mini, and we were impressed with its performance. The gimbal is easy to set up and use, and the touchscreen interface is intuitive and responsive.
We tested it with our Sony a6400, and the stabilization was excellent, even when shooting low-angle shots or filming in flashlight mode.
The DJI RS 3 Mini is also compatible with the DJI Mic, a wireless microphone system that delivers exceptional sound quality at distances of up to 250 m.
This makes it a great option for vloggers and solo creators who want to capture high-quality audio to match their cinematic footage.
Overall, we highly recommend the DJI RS 3 Mini for anyone looking for a lightweight and powerful camera stabilizer that can handle a wide range of mirrorless cameras and lenses.
When it comes to finding the best gimbal for your Sony a6400, there are a few things to consider before making a purchase. We want to make sure you choose the right product for your needs, so here are some features to look at:
The payload capacity of a gimbal is the weight it can support. It’s important to choose a gimbal that can handle the weight of your camera and any additional accessories you plan to use. Make sure to check the maximum payload capacity of the gimbal before making a purchase.
Stability and Smoothness
One of the main reasons for using a gimbal is to keep your footage stable and smooth. Look for gimbals with advanced stabilization technology such as 3-axis stabilization, which can keep your camera steady even when moving quickly.
Additionally, some gimbals come with features like motorized pan and tilt, which can help you achieve smoother camera movements.
Battery life is an important consideration when choosing a gimbal. You don’t want your gimbal to die in the middle of a shoot.
Look for gimbals with long battery life or ones that allow for easy battery swaps. Some gimbals also come with USB ports, allowing you to charge your camera or other devices while shooting.
Make sure the gimbal you choose is compatible with your Sony a6400. Some gimbals are designed specifically for certain camera models, so it’s important to check compatibility before making a purchase.
If you plan on using your gimbal for outdoor shoots or while traveling, portability is an important factor to consider. Look for gimbals that are lightweight and easy to transport. Some gimbals also come with carrying cases or foldable designs for added convenience.
Gimbals can range in price from affordable to quite expensive. Consider your budget when choosing a gimbal, but also keep in mind that a higher price tag may come with more advanced features and better quality.
By considering these factors, you can find the best gimbal for your Sony a6400 and take your videography to the next level.
After researching and testing various gimbals for the Sony a6400, we have come to the following conclusions.
Firstly, the Zhiyun Crane M2 is a great option for those who want a compact and lightweight gimbal that can handle both their camera and smartphone.
It has a decent battery life and can be easily carried around. However, it may not be suitable for those who need a more heavy-duty gimbal for professional use.
Secondly, the DJI Ronin-SC is a well-rounded gimbal that offers a good balance between stability and portability. It has a long battery life and can support up to 2.0kg of weight. However, it may be a bit pricey for some users.
Lastly, the Moza AirCross 2 is a powerful gimbal that can handle heavy cameras and lenses. It has a long battery life and comes with a lot of useful features such as object tracking and time-lapse. However, it may be too bulky for some users who prioritize portability.
Overall, the best gimbal for Sony a6400 depends on your specific needs and preferences. We recommend considering factors such as weight, battery life, and price before making a final decision.